Tuesday, July 3, 2012

home tour

So I love my little house, yes it's little and yes it's a mess but I love it and I can see so much potential in it. Every time I walk through the front door I feel like I'm home.. Each and every room needs work, but dude it's going to be awesome afterwards. Some of y'all aren't able to be here in person to see it so I thought I'd do a photo home tour to show y'all, and also for me to remember how ugly it is where this project started.

Here is our living room, it's the first room you walk into through the front door. It's a great size and won't need very much work at all to make it perfect. When Monkey first walked into the house she ran circles around the room giggling. I'm so happy that this room will be filled with laughter for years and years to come. The room is is getting a new non popcorn texture ceiling, new laminate flooring (more on that later), paint and crown molding. We will also be painting the font door and replacing the windows throughout the entire house. I'm excited and can already envision Razorback football parties, family movie watching and good ol' family time taking place in here.

The dining room will soon just be a "hallway/walk through" into the new addition to the house. Where the window is will be a doorway into the new master suite *hallelujah*  and the backdoor will be a 6 foot wide opening into my dream kitchen and dining room. this area will get matching laminate connecting to the living room, new lighting and fresh coat of paint.
 Here is the current kitchen. it's an 8'x8' room. Yes you read that right. It's actually smaller than the kitchen in my college apartment. The cabinets are tiny, there is no room for a dishwasher and the fridge doesn't even fit in the room, it's actually part of the tiny dining room. Needless to say, It will not be our kitchen for long. Instead it will be a huge walk in pantry/ food storage room. It will hold a deep freeze *yay*, our normal pantry food and all our food storage. As a member of the Mormon church we have been advised to have food storage and water for emergencies. This room will hold that food/water so it doesn't have to be stored in closet corners and under beds any more. This is a dream and I'm excited to have it!


 Here is our only bathroom in the house, for the time being. It is old and ugly and comes complete with awesome light swags. We will be tearing out the cabinets above the sink (well they are already falling down, we will just finish the job), painting the existing vanity, replacing the toilet and refinishing the bathtub. I ordered a Rust-Olium tub refinishing kit online and hoping i don't screw it up excited to see the finished product. We will also be tearing out the ugly linoleum and laying a pretty tile floor. New paint, light fixtures and faucet will pull the whole project together and make a great guest/girls bathroom. 


Here is the laundry room. Y'all did you read that... We will have an actual laundry room! Not a closet that holds the washer and dryer, but an actual room with shelves and room for laundry baskets and such. We will be removing the ugly gross hideous linoleum and putting down a tile floor, adding functioning shelving and paint. We will also get to use our amazing washer and dryer that has been in storage for a year since our apartment won't let us use them here. 


This is the original master bedroom, but since we are adding a master suite to the other side of the house it will soon be Monkey's new room. We will be tearing out the awesome carpet that is original to the house being built in 1985 and replacing it with matching wood laminate flooring. We are also putting in central heat and air so will be getting rid of the ugly and not energy efficient window units throughout the house.  I'm excited about making it into a dream little room for Monks. I'm positive she will love it!


The other room in the house will be the new nursery for baby girl. I can't believe I'll be planning a nursery in this house. I have zero ideas for color scheme or theme for the room but am excited I get to start on a blank slate. The only thing I know for sure is we will have wood laminate flooring in this room too. I guess I need to start stalking Pinterest for nursery ideas.... 




So there y'all have it, a not so quick tour of our little house. Hope y'all enjoyed.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your finished projects, I think it has GREAT bones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be WONDERFUL when it's all done! I cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete