Sunday, July 8, 2012

my favorite day

This blog isn't only about our home renovation, it's about our life. One of my favorite things in the world are Sundays with my little family. It is the one day that is truly relaxing. We make it as much as we can about family time. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we try our hardest to keep the Sabbath day holy. This means no shopping, no running errand, no working on the new house. I love this because we have no distractions.

Here is how a typical Sunday goes here in the Lunsford household. Today we woke up lazily, ate waffles and blueberries, then played around the house. Monkey has a new favorite thing to do during play time. She will put on one of my hats and walk around telling us over and over that she isn't Monkey she is Mommy. She won't respond to anything but Mommy. She "cooks" us food, brings us babies to rock and feed, and will push her shopping cart around "shopping" throughout the house. I'ts pretty adorable. We have afternoon church that starts at 1pm so after a quick pb&j sandwich we head off to church. Monkey loves church.
She loves her Sunday school class and all her little friends. She loves singing and learning about Jesus, or as she says it her friend Jesus, and who doesn't like coloring, playdough and stickers? Monkey loves church and her friends there so much this is typically the face I get when I tell her it's time to go home. She would honestly love to stay there all day and never come home! I'm glad that she loves it, I hope that as the years go by she will continue to love going to church and learning about Jesus. I look forward to the day she makes the choice to be baptized and grows into a strong, spiritual young woman.
By the time we get out of church we have dinner. Today we went to my sister in laws house and had dinner with them. Spaghetti was on the menu so this meant naked dinner was happening. The Monkey loves food and one of her favorite meals is spaghetti. As an Italian, I'm proud that she has inherited my love for pasta.

Today was a pretty perfect Sunday. Great family morning time, an amazing church service that was all about how prayer can strengthen our lives and our families, and a delicious dinner with part of our extended family. Brandon and I are about to sit down with a bowl of popcorn and a movie, I can't imagine any other way to end our weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment